Family Equip is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Family Equip may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 September 2014.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including name, email address and phone numbers
- demographic information such as address, postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to handling your enquiry
We may also use third party applications to prevent automated submission of website forms, these may record non-personally identifiable information
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To contact you in relation to your enquiry. We may contact you by email, phone, mail.
- Internal record keeping, e.g. for maintaining volunteer schedules, gift aid etc.
- We may occasionally send out emails about our services or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. A cookie typically helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, please indicate whether you want the information to be shared or not.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information you may change your mind at any time by contacting the office.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact the office.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us via the office soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.